- Create a mechanism of communication for art organizations and artists to promote their events to the public for calendar planning.
- Create increased community awareness of the importance of the arts in the lives of individuals and the community as a whole.
- Ensure that Arts of Kona’s policies, operations and programs include artistically and culturally diverse perspectives.
- Develop a business plan to build a new community Arts Center in Kona in which performing and visual arts can be presented by and for the community.
Approach to Achieving Organization Goals
In order to achieve Arts of Kona’s organizational goals over the next 6 years, Arts of Kona’s leaders will be ambitious on behalf of the Kona arts community and committed to:
- Championing the public value of arts within our community;
- Advancing a cultural climate in which civic life may thrive;
- Leading the field to become increasingly strong, creative and sustainable; anticipating future challenges and responding to emerging issues.